June 13, 2007

Summer is here!

Summer is finally here, and its about time. I did not think winter was ever going to end! Summer is my favorite time of year, so much to do and so much going on. This Layout is summer fun. Logan is the son of our dear friends. He is having so much fun in his new pool. I wish I had a pool to splash in when its hot. Doing layouts of summer fun takes me back to my childhood days, ahhh worry free!! To be young again.........


Credits:
"Loagan's First Dip"
Background paper and ribbon flowers by Ashley Olson/Ash scrap creation
Twine knots by Fantacy Bryant (the scrappinhillbilly)
Paint Swoosh by Shandyvogt
White stitches by Chris Beasley (Seebee)
Twine stitches by Mary
fonts - Comic Sans MS, Rockwell, Felix Titling, and Papyrus

Here are some great summer quotes

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker

Heat, ma'am! it was so dreadful here, that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones. ~Sydney Smith, Lady Holland's Memoir

Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James

No comments: