October 11, 2006
I really have been quite lazy the last couple of days. I need to get off my rump and do something. I have 4 online swaps I have to get postal. I should start doing some scrap pages, I just have not been in the mood. Oh my, not in the mood for scrapping. I don't know whats happening. I know its the weather, it is suppose to snow today, not look forward to that at all. I really don't like the winter, its depressing.
I did sitting in front of the computer last night and made my first attempt at a self made digi kit. I am quite proud of myself for accomplishing that. What do you think? I know it is simple, but hey its my first. It took me forever to do. The Paper took about 4 hours ( I swear), but that was my favorite part. I still need some practice at kit making. It was alot of fun. Tweet
October 10, 2006
1. Money isn't made of paper. It's made of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter I is called a "tittle"
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top. (75% of you will test theis one)]
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot'on 7 UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes. He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; A few ounces will kill a small sized dog.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donal Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo daVinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.. hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there was never a recorded Wendy before.
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with; orange, purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
24. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar (good to know)
25. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless.)
26. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so the called themselves Motorola.
27. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
28. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
29. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified Kosher.
30. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries. Tweet
Here are the cheer competition pictures. They turned out alittle to dark, now I never said I was a great photographer. This one is the 5th/6th graders doing their routine. I was sitting up in the top row their was so many people there I could not make it down to the front fast enough.
The one picture on the top right is Bryanna on the drive home. It was such a long day, pooped her right out.
Well football cheerleading season is over. Now Bryanna is going to start All Star cheerleading, this focuses around competitions. They will be practicing tumbling and dance. She is so excited!! I am such a proud MOM!!Tweet
October 8, 2006
There actually was quite a bit of argueing going on between the parents and judges. Well see the competition was held at the Cheboygen Junior High School and when a town or school is the hostess for the competition that town/school is not allow to participate in the competition, but the Cheboygen cheerleaders was competing and they took 1st in every division. All the judges where from Cheboygen, so you can see where this is going....PLAYING FAVORITES!!!! I have never seen so many parents upset and coaches!!
Well anyway we,"The Jets" took 2nd place in every one of our divisions, YAY!! Go Jets!!
I was such a long day. Oh and man are those bleachers hard!! It was inside this year. The school gym was so crowded and so hot. Let me tell you it was not a very big gym. All the girls looked so nice in their uniforms. Let me tell you I am such a proud MOM!!!! Tweet
October 7, 2006
This is definitely so true. All you Michiganians know is it........
Jeff Foxworthy - You know you're a true MICHIGANIAN when.............
1. "Vacation" means going up north on I- 75.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means Ohio
16. A brat is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday
19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
20.You have more miles on your snow blower than yourcar.
21 You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
22. You drink pop and bake with soda.
23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it's not medicine.
24. You know what a Yooper is.
25. You think owning a Honda is Un American.
26. You know that UP is a place, not a direction
27. You know it's possible to live in a thumb.
28. You understand that when visiting Detroit, the best thing to wearis a Kevlar vest. Tweet
Today my son, Bailey, lost his first tooth. It has been lose for almost 2 weeks now and tonite it finally fell out. You can see the adult tooth has aready popped through. He now has his tooth in a little pirates chest he got out of his toy pirate set. He said he is going to be rich if the toothfaire fills up his treasure chest with money...lol...the things kids say.
My daughter, Bryanna, is getting ready for her cheerleading competition tomorrow in Cheboygan, Michigan. It is about a hour and a half drive there and we have to be there by 10:00 am. I got the basket filled with sandwiches and goodies for the event. It is going to be outdoors and the weather is suppose to be beautiful, in the mid 70s. I am glad, because every football game this season it has rained. I am going to get lots of pictures. Tweet