Things you probably don't know and probably have no need to know, but might find interesting.
1. Money isn't made of paper. It's made of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter I is called a "tittle"
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top. (75% of you will test theis one)]
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot'on 7 UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes. He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; A few ounces will kill a small sized dog.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donal Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo daVinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.. hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there was never a recorded Wendy before.
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with; orange, purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
24. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar (good to know)
25. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless.)
26. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so the called themselves Motorola.
27. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
28. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
29. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified Kosher.
30. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.